Dr. Leonard has dedicated his entire career to practicing cardiology in North Texas. After graduating magna cum laude from Princeton University, he attended University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and remained at Parkland Memorial Hospital for his internship and residency in Internal Medicine. He then remained at Parkland for an extra year to serve as Chief Medical Resident. He obtained his fellowship in Cardiology at Harvard Medical School in Boston. Dr. Leonard was formerly Director of the Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Labs at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Plano. He served as the Chief Medical Officer and Vice-President for Medical Affairs at Baylor Scott and White The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano from its opening in January of 2007 until 2011, and also served as the Chief Medical Officer and VPMA at Baylor Regional Medical Center Plano from 2010 until 2012. Dr. Leonard was the 2010 recipient of the Hunt Scholarship to attend Southern Methodist University-Cox School of Business where he received his Masters in Business Administration in May of 2012.
Dr. Leonard maintains a very busy, active private practice in Interventional Cardiology, and is the Managing Partner of Advanced Heart Care. He sees patients and has a busy outpatient practice at AHC offices in Plano, Keller, and Decatur. He has a busy hospital practice and performs diagnostic cardiac catheterizations and complex percutaneous coronary interventions at Wise Health System in Decatur where he serves as the Chief of the Division of Cardiovascular Services.
- Princeton University, A.B. Biology, Graduate Magna Cum Laude 1978
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, M.D. 1982
- Southern Methodist University, MBA 2012
- Internal Medicine Internship: Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- Internal Medicine Residency: Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- Chief Medical Resident: Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Texas
- Fellowship in Cardiology: Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
Licensure & Board Certifications
- State of Texas – 1982 – Present
- American Board of Internal Medicine -1986-present
- Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Disease – 1989-present
- Wise Health System, Decatur, TX